Yep, they said it couldn’t be done, but I actually finished my book, Leadership, Happiness & Profit: 12 Steps to a High-Performance Business. The Kindle edition is now available, and you can download it by clicking on this link: http://ezrd.me/r/?rd=083G7OLHP
For the next 5 days the book will be available at bargain basement pricing (99 cents) to get sales off to a good start. I’d be badly disappointed if you don’t think this is one of the best “how to” books ever written on building a high-performance business, and at this price it’s a steal!
The 12 “Doc”trines discussed in the book are:
- Harness Happiness: make happiness the driving force of your business.
- Be Someone Worth Following: be the kind of leader that people want to follow.
- Focus Your Vision: stop making glacial progress on 1000 different fronts.
- Value Your Values: use your core values to drive profits.
- Field a Pro Team: how to attract, hire, and retain “A” Players.
- Don’t Turn Eagles Into Turkeys: don’t ask a quarterback to play lineman.
- Win with Win-Win: effective conflict resolution is essential to business success.
- Measure Success: measure and monitor the things that really matter.
- Clarify Roles and Accountability: you can’t hold a team accountable.
- Delegate: how to stop trying to be God and ask for help.
- Create Teamwork: 1+1+1 = 5.
- Institutionalize Innovation: the world is changing–is your business?
The early reviews are very complimentary:
“This is a practical guide that will lift your spirits and increase your profits. Follow these fun, elegant guidelines and you will accelerate on the road to success.”—Seth Kahan, Bestselling Author, Getting Change Right and Getting Innovation Right
“Using case studies and personal examples, Doc provides practical leadership truths. This is a must-read for the business executives who seek continuous improvement.”—Jansen Chazanof, Chair, Vistage International (the world’s largest CEO roundtable organization).
“Read it once for inspiration. Read it again if you want to have more fun and make more money.”—Clay Rolader, President, Fuqua Capital
“Doc hits it out of the park with Leadership Happiness & Profit! Filled with the ‘Doc’-ism’s and ‘Doc’trines that helped Porter Properties have more fun and make more money, this book is an easy read and will prove to be a great reference for business owners and managers at any level.”—Howard Porter, Founder, Porter Properties